A Neo-something-ist view of the world as seen through the eyes of a shirtless man. An underdeveloped work of highly biased fact leaning towards fiction. My faction blog.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Off in the corner...

One of the... how's the best (most PC) way to put this... attention grabbing headlines from the past week of the Pope ordeal came from AOL. I apologize for not having a photographic memory, but it was pretty close to "Pope's health wanes, faithful are praying." I take a look at that and it strikes me a couple ways. One way I see it is "faithful are praying, so whay are you checking your email you unholy beast! get on your knees and pray for that Pope! He will only live if everybody claps really loud and hard!" The other thought that hit me was "faithful are praying, unfaithful are too busy touching themselves." I don't have anything against the Pope and I don't think that he endorsed the headlines himself, but come on. If you are going to report on Mr. Holy of Holies you gotta make your headlines a little more bulletproof than that. Or maybe they did it on purpose... "faithful are praying, unfaithful are making fun of this headline..."